JOIN OUR CHORUS AS A SECTION LEADER
Are you a classically trained singer with strong musicianship skills who loves choral music?
We have paid positions available for Soprano, Alto, and Tenor Section Leaders. Join an inclusive, nurturing community of musical excellence.
If you are interested or know of someone who may be a good fit, please apply here to be put in touch with Greg Davies, Assistant to the Conductor.
• Good understanding of vocal technique and fundamentals of healthy singing, preferably classically trained
• Good vocal production with sufficient size/presence to lead the section without sacrificing blend
• Strong musicianship skills, including sight-reading ability
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Reliable and punctual
• Enjoys choral music and being part of an ensemble!
• Attend all performances and most rehearsals* to sufficiently learn and perform programmed repertoire
• Provide leadership for your section, including answering questions, providing coaching, and giving feedback to members of your section with care and sensitivity
• Support the Artistic Director and her assistant in the preparation, growth, and development of the ensemble
• Strive for personal artistic growth
* SBCS rehearses on Wednesday evenings at Music Academy from now until the end of May.
Thank you for your interest.